Cashel Arts Festival team is happy to announce the five shops that artist Andrew Mottershead has selected for this year's shop project.
Daverns of Cashel
Kujawiak Polish Food Store Cashel
Grogan's Café and Ice Cream Parlour
Martin O’Dwyer Family Butcher Cashel
The photographs will be taken by Denis Vahey Photography on Saturday 29th July and will be on display during this year's arts festival.
See below a selection of photos of previous work which has taken place in towns and cities across Europe, Brasil and China, and has been the subject of a publication and a major exhibition in Sheffield, UK.
01. French & Mottershead, People who eat meat from Enver’s shop, Pinar (Butcher), June/July 2009, Tepabasi, Istanbul, Turkey (Photo – French & Mottershead/Selim Sume)
02. French & Mottershead, Jagode (Greengrocer), 6pm, 23 April 2009, Ljubljana, Slovenia (Photo – French & Mottershead/Urska Boljkovac)
03. French & Mottershead, Casa Preto Vehlo(Religious Articles), 3pm, 17 January 2008, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (Photo – French & Mottershead)
04. French & Mottershead, Kalakukkoleipomo Hanna Partanen (Bakery), 10.30am, 17 September 2005, Kuopio, Finland (Photo – French & Mottershead/Pekka Makinen)
05. French & Mottershead, Laura (Fashion Boutique), 5pm, 21 April 2009, Ljubljana, Slovenia (Photo – French & Mottershead/Urska Boljkovac)
06. French & Mottershead, Guan Hanji & Xiao Wangqin’s shop (Grocer), 6pm, 17 May 2008, Nanting Village, Guangzhou, China (Photo – French & Mottershead)